Carbon and Graphite felt is a soft flexible high-temperature refractory insulation typically used in vacuum and protected atmosphere environments up to 5432℉ (3000℃). High purity felt heat-treated to 4712℉(2600℃) and Halogen Purification are available for custom production orders. Additionally, the material can be used in oxidizing temperatures up to 752℉ (400℃).
The form of activated carbon fiber is mainly felt, cloth, filaments, with vegetable fiber (viscose fiber) or other organic polymer as raw materials, first formed and then carbonized activation.The main element is carbon. Carbon atoms exist in the form of random stacking of graphite-like microcrystals in activated carbon fiber. The ordering of three-dimensional space is poor.
Another characteristic is that it has a large surface area, and a large number of micropores are opened on the fiber surface. In the process of adsorption and desorption, the molecular adsorption path is short, and the adsorbent can directly enter the micropores.This provides the conditions for the fast adsorption of activated carbon fiber and the effective utilization of micropores.
The specific surface area of the fiber activated carbon is large, the pores are well developed, the adsorption performance is high, the desorption speed is fast, can be used repeatedly and so on.
Polyacrylonitrile, also known as PAN, is manufactured with larger diameter course fibers resulting in lower surface area and better oxidation resistance. The flexible material is stiffer and less soft to the touch in comparison to Rayon. Thermal conductivity of Rayon is lower than PAN at temperatures greater than 3272℉ (1800℃).
For heat treat applications, our office highly recommends PAN carbon felt due to the materials handling ease and reduced price. If you are operating at temperatures greater than 3272℉ (1800℃), please use Rayon.
Easy to cut and install.
Low density and thermal mass.
High thermal resistance.
Low ash and sulphur content.
(1) solvent recovery: benzene, ketone, ester, oil can be adsorption recovery.
(2) air purification: can absorb and filter the air in the odor, body odor, smoke, gas, O3, SO2, NO.
(3) water purification: can remove heavy metal ions in the water, carcinogenic substances, odor, mold, bacteria and decolorization;It can be used for the treatment of tap water, food industry water and industrial pure water.
(4) environmental engineering: waste gas and sewage treatment;
(5) respirators, protective clothing, cigarette filters, etc.;
6 precious metal extraction or recovery, adsorption of radioactive substances, can also be used as a catalyst carrier, gas chromatography fixed phase;
Medicine on the package, acute antidote, artificial kidney, etc.;
E. Electronic and energy applications, such as high capacity capacitors, storage batteries, etc.;
High temperature and insulation materials.
Activated carbon fiber according to the material can be divided into viscose, polyacrylonitrile two series, according to the form of:
● activated carbon fiber felt ● activated carbon fiber cloth
● activated carbon fiber ●activated carbon fiber paper